Monday, March 30, 2015

I glory in plainness; I glory in truth; I glory in my Jesus, for he hath redeemed my soul from hell." 2 Nephi 33:6

Dear Family and Friends,

This week has kind of been about the same as last week. We are teaching a few people but they are almost all University students. So we have been teaching them and then they started their Easter break this week.  So we went from having eight people to teach to having two maybe three until they come back from break. As I have been reflecting back on the past almost two years, Missionary work would have been way easier if I had a University campus to work with. The reason why is that the students are more receptive to learning about God and are more willing to say that they are on the fence about if He is there. So it just makes finding a ton easier because other than their busy schedule they are willing to learn.

We had our Ward Conference this past Sunday and had lots of people show up late.  I think that it was because of the time change. We spring forward this past weekend so every body clock is off. But Ward Conference was really good. It is always nice to hear on a more personal level from the Stake President and the High Councilors over our Derby Ward. But yesterday's Church was probably one of the best ones I have been to on my Mission. For three reasons. First the Chapel was overflowing. We had to open two overflows instead of one. It was really nice to see all the people that came. Two the Spirit was there in abundance. And three they had food afterwards. The best way to my heart is through my stomach. Ha ha

My mom is always asking ,"Elder Nielsen what is you favorite scripture? Or the scripture that has helped you the most this week?" I have been pondering what scripture has helped me the most.  I think I have finally found it. "I glory in plainness; I glory in truth; I glory in my Jesus, for he hath redeemed my soul from hell." 2 Nephi 33:6

Over the last two years I have been in the service of my God. I have taught the plainness of the Gospel to the people who would listen. I have come to know on a personal level my Savior Jesus Christ and that He has redeemed my soul from hell. I too glory in the plainness of the Gospel. I have been reflecting over the events that have transpired over these two years. The people I have taught, the ones who have entered into the Covenant of Baptism, and the ones who have come back into the fold. But more importantly is where I was at the start of these two years and where I am now. I left home with a match stick of a testimony even though at the time I thought it was a good size candle. I thought I could do it all on my own with my intellect and my persuasive powers. It wasn't until someone tore down my testimony that I realized how feeble it was.  I am now grateful for that man who tore down my testimony because it helped me build the one that I have now. Over these two years all I can say is that I believe this Church is true and all the things that are associated with it are true as well. It has taken me almost a year and a half to have enough little experiences with the Spirit and the Book of Mormon to gain this testimony. But because of all these experiences I have come to love the Savior. To marvel at the price He paid for me and the unmeasurable amount of love that He has for me and all of God's children. And to learn it all in the plainness of the Gospel. 

The Book of Mormon teaches principles so clear that eight year old children can understand. It changes lives because of the plainness of its teaching. It has changed my life and some of the lives of people I have had the apportioning to introduce it to.   As this might be the last entry I make on this blog I would like to invite all men everywhere to read the Book of Mormon, to ponder in their hearts the message it contains, and then to ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Jesus Christ if the book is true. Those who pursue this course and ask in faith will gain a testimony of its truth and divinity by the power of the Holy Ghost. This Book of Mormon has brought me the most happiness and comfort that I have ever had in my life. This is the book that will bring you closer to God. It will give you a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. It will help you understand that there are prophets on the earth again. 

Just to finish off if you have not read the Book of Mormon read it and ponder in your head the message it contains. If you have read the Book and stopped please pick it back up and drink from the pages that have the living water in them, that if we drink deeply from it, it will bring solace to the soul and peace to the heart. 


I just want to finish off with my testimony I testify that the Book of Mormon is true. I testify that Joseph Smith is a Prophet and did see God the Father and his son Jesus Christ. That Thomas S. Monson is the Prophet of God on the earth today. That the authority to act in God's name has been resorted to the earth. And that this is Christ Church once again established on this earth. 

God Be With You!

Love, Elder Nielsen

No comments:

Post a Comment