Monday, March 9, 2015

Blessings of Peace and Comfort

Dear Family & Friends,

I have been feeling a little blah lately so I asked Elder O. for a blessing this week.  It was a nice blessing, just me and him feeling the Spirit bear witness and comfort me.  The blessing told me things that I already had feelings about, for example that I have done the best I could of in Solihull with a former companion and his trials and just to keep pushing forward. 

I had a former Mission President in our Ward back home comment on my last post about the fast that "I think that Elder Nielsen has got the vision of Missionary Work".  I have seen that a few Missionaries come on Missions and just want to baptize.  After realizing that I was coming to England where the work is hard, I decided that I wanted more than just to baptize.  I want to be successful in bringing myself closer to Christ and not just others.  I have seen Missionaries come and go without getting closer to Christ. So why come?  What else should I learn?

My favorite event of the week would have to be quiz night.  We had a Ward quiz night on Friday instead of games.  It is kind of like Jeopardy.  It was really fun with some off the wall questions.

Worst thing for the week......  Nothing to report. I think that this week has been a good one. Nothing really awful happened.

We have had some really good success with University students lately. They are pretty interested but hard to get a time to meet up with them because of their schedules and our rules.  They always want to meet late at night.  But we have 15 university students that we are hoping to work with in the next couple of days or a week away.

My favorite person for this week would have to be one of the Ward Missionaries.  He invited us over for dinner the other night and we ordered Chines take out. We had so much food. It was crazy.

Tender Mercy for the week was the weather.  It was sunny and about 70 degrees.  It was so nice! I got a tan on my arms.  I love the sun!  It has been nice having the sun out because people in England are affected by the weather.  If it is raining they don't want anyone to talk to them. Sunny they will stop and chat. Our success depends on the weather. Crazy ain't it.  Another Tender Mercy for the week was just the lesson in Elders Quorum.  It was a really good lesson and I learned tons.  In Elders Quorum we talked about repentance. And one of the members said a quote that went along the lines of "I would rather die physically then spiritually, that is why I repent".  And that quote started a really good discussion on repentance.


But other than that it has been a normal week.  No big moments of inspiration to share this week. Not like last week. I have found that I have to really ponder them before I truly understand them. The fasting one took a couple of months. It is crazy to think that the end of my Mission is in sight. Thanks for all your prayers and letters.

Until next week!

Love Elder Nielsen


No comments:

Post a Comment