Monday, March 16, 2015

Reflecting on Blessings Given

Dear Friends and Family,

Not much to report this week.  I am having a scatter brained day.  Transfers were last week and I have a new companion.  He is here in the Mission as a Chinese speaking Elder.  He has been frustrated with the transferred to Derby because there are not many Chinese people.  I personally seen 3 in Derby in my 12 weeks of being here.  So he is not very happy so I have my work cut out for me for the next 3 weeks. 

Last week I spoke about getting blessings and this week I was reflecting back on the blessings that I had the opportunity to give.  They were a nerve racking experience and were both given to investigators.  One blessing that has really struck and confused me is one that I gave in Solihull to an investigator names Donald.  He was really six and he told us that the doctors had no idea what what wrong.  So we gave him a blessing.  In the blessing I told him that he would recover from the sickness.  A couple of weeks later he got more sick and came to me and said why am I not better. You said that I would get better.  Come to find out Donald had cancer for the past year and it was spreading all over his body.  I have often wondered why I was prompted to say that he would recover. Donald eventually died and I started to question why I had said that. The more and more I have thought about it he did get better and did recover.  But not in this life.  Death was his best doctor.

Tender Mercy for the week... was just sports night. I have been very frustrated with my new companion so it was good to work out some of that frustration.

Off the wall experience this week was probably going to the Mission Home for the departing Elder and Sister Missionary dinner.  They call it trunky night.  So we have dinner and a testimony meeting and then spend the night and then fly out early the next morning.  So it was a little different since I was not flying out the next morning.  But the whole funny experience was what happened at night. Twenty-four Elders in the Assistant to the President's flat all running around and being boys.  You would think that we would have matured a little bit, but no.  It was so much fun.  It was really cool to hear the different stories of everyone Mission.  Everyone was just way exited to go home so lots of jokes being told.

Hopefully I will have some better events and stories next week.  Keep praying for the Lord's work to go forth and that the honest in heart will seek Him.  I love this gospel and all of you. 

Love Elder Nielsen

No comments:

Post a Comment