Thursday, June 6, 2013

Birmingham England!! Here Comes Elder Nielsen

Thursday, June 6, 2013, (Mom here) I just received a call from Elder Nielsen saying that he just got word this afternoon that he received his Visa and will be flying out to England tomorrow morning, Friday, June 7, 2013 and will arrive in England on Saturday, June 8, 2013 around 8:00 a.m.  We are excited for his new adventure and for the service he will give to the people of Birmingham, England!

Hello friends and family,

This week has been a fun one.  Just an update on my Visa situation it should be here any day and so on and so forth.  But to pass the time here I have been reading the parables of Elder James E. Talmage.  These parables have brought a lot of comfort and insight to me.  This week I sent a District off to Hawaii and to Boston.  They are a good set of Elders and Sisters and will do great in their respective areas.  I have been given the opportunity a couple of times to teach the Missionaries here in the MTC.  That is a humbling experience because of how I need to make sure that the spirit is with us and that the Elders and Sisters are listening to it.  But all is well.  I have met a lot of good people and have made many new friends that I'm excited to hear from when they all come back from their Missions.  I also have talked to a couple of the higher ups at the MTC about my Visa.  I talked with my Branch President who is President McMullin and we had a good talk and then I was sent to President Pridays office.  He is over my Branch President but under the MTC President and we had a good talk. That was the first time that I have met President Priday (just like Friday but with a p) and I could tell the concern and love that he had for me.  But as of 6/4 I have been told that my Visa could be here within the week to ten days or it could be here in months.  It just depends on all the mailing and the UK Consulate office in New York.  Being in the MTC longer than expected is an interesting topic I would have to say.  But with the help and council of President McMullin I have found that God has a reason for me being here whether it is to help someone or do something.  Or that England isn't ready as in the area or my trainer.  But one thing is for sure, the food doesn't get any better but I eat because I need to. 

I think that this week was a pretty routine week if I can say that.  One interesting experience I have had is that I have been able to access the gift of discernment.  What a cool thing that is!  I was teaching and a lesson to an investigator and the thought popped into my head, ask him what he is afraid of?  He had Word of Wisdom problems and once I asked this question, the Spirit just took over and he is committed to live it now which is great. This Gospel is a Gospel of happiness and joy.  It has the power to change people and help them become better.

I would like to close with a quote from one of the parables of Elder James E. Talmage.  He has just talked about a train that hit a massive snow storm and the light on the engine can only see a hundred yards or less and he says this "We may not now what lies ahead of us in the future years, nor even in the days or hours immediately beyond.  But for a few yards, or possibly only a few feet, the track is clear, our duty is plain, our course is illumined.  For that short distance, for the next step, lighted by the inspiration of God, Go On!"

I have come to know that I have no idea when I'll get to England all I know is that a few hours are lighted for me and I must go on.  I know that this Gospel is true and that the Book of Mormon is true.  I love that book and the message that it teaches.  I know that the Lord has a plan for me.  This Gospel has the power to change me and I have watched it change me.  I know that Joseph Smith is a Prophet of God and that this is the true Church.  Let us all press on in the faith of the Lord.

Elder Nielsen


PDay, MTC Provo

District leaving to Hawaii and Boston

Union Jack Flag, MTC Provo, Elder Nielsen


No comments:

Post a Comment