Thursday, May 30, 2013

Believe in God

Hello All,

Well I guess the big news for the week is that my VISA hasn't come yet.  But the Lord has a reason for it and I just haven't found out yet. 

This week has been and interesting one that's for sure with its ups and downs.  Looking at this extra time I have had here has been interesting also.  Some days I'm happy that I have had the time but other days I just want to get to England.  But the Lord has a purpose. 

The biggest news is that I'm with my third companionship.  I have gone through three companions and five Districts that have come and gone or are still here or just got here to the MTC.  I feel like an old man that everyone turns to for advice and guidance (I'm called the great great great grandpa of the zone because of how long I've been here). Which isn't bad but it has been interesting because there are no more prepared lessons so I usually get to study or learn whatever I want on my own.

I don't think I have talked much about class so that's what I'm going to do. The first two weeks I was here at the MTC there were lessons planned and I was instructed in a District.  So that's how the first two weeks went.  But by the third week I had a new companion, we had a class that to my knowledge has never happened here before at the MTC at all.  We had six teachers for the two of us, and why this is so different is there are usually only two teachers per District.  So you have one teacher for twelve Missionaries. When we had six Missionaries, it was three teachers to one Missionary.  During this week I progressed very far and very fast in my own conversion and in Gospel principals.  One thing that most Missionaries are jealous of, is that my companion and I meet with six teachers and therefore we visit with six investigators.  The normal English Missionary teaches maybe 10 lessons the whole time there are here at the MTC.  I have had the opportunity to teach forty-four lessons as of yesterday, Wednesday, May 29, 2013.  And those are a full forty five min. lessons.  The sad part is that we only had that class for a week and then a bunch of new Missionaries came in and we where put in a class that has VISA waiters in it also.  That new class was alright but kind of boring but I made the best of it.  But right now I teach and help Missionaries plan for investigators and help them make better use of their study time.  Some of the things that I have been teaching is how to pull the doctrine out of lessons and how to teach to the needs and concerns that their investigator are having.
So I guess that my MTC experience has been very different then other Missionaries because of all the different things that I have been able to experience.

I will leave you this week with a scripture in Mosiah 4:9:  Believe in God; believe that he is, and that he created all things, both in heaven and in earth; believe that he has all wisdom, and all power, both in heaven and in earth; believe that man doth not comprehend all the things which the Lord can comprehend.

Have a great week.

Love,   Elder Nielsen

No comments:

Post a Comment