Thursday, May 9, 2013

A Marvelous Work

Well the first week of the MTC (Mission Training Center) is done and on to the next.  It's very exciting here with all the Missionaries that are coming and going at all hours of the day.  But it's all well because we are all in the service of our God! 

When I arrived here I was put in a trio companionship with another Elder going to Birmingham and the other going to Scotland Ireland Mission.  But as the days progressed the Elder that is going to the same Mission as me got his visa and was flown out on Monday, May 6, 2013.  But my other companion is staying here until next Tuesday, May 14, 2013, which is when hopefully we both get to head to our prospective missions.

The spirit of the MTC is just amazing and wonderful.  Like it says in D&C 4 "a marvelous work is about to come forth among the children of men" and I can testify that it is a Marvelous Work.  I love having the spirit with me at all times and also love all the personal revelation that I have received for the investigators that I have been teaching.  The spirit really does bring to remembrance things that I have read or have heard.  Let me explain, me and my companion where teaching an investigator named Bobby.  Bobby has had a rough past but wants to be more like Jesus.  We have taught him I think four times and each time the Spirit has brought things to my remembrance that I had forgotten about.  Like Tuesday's lesson we talked to him about repentance and the gift of the Atonement.  I had an impression that we should share Alma 22 in the Book of Mormon with him but I pushed it off, and for those who are wondering that's not the right thing to do when and impression comes, but stubborn Elder Nielsen pushed it off and the thought came into my head, Elder Nielsen your an Idiot, Bobby needs to read Alma 22.  So we shared with him that chapter and asked him to read it.  I didn't realize that the reason why that chapter came into my mind was that it talks about the creation and the plan of salvation a little bit.  The Holy Ghost set up what is to be taught in the next lesson with Bobby.

All is well here at the MTC even though the food isn't really that good at all.  So most of the time it is a bowl of cereal or a sandwich for me but I appreciate all the hard work that is put into the making of the food and understand that it is hard to cook to please the masses.

I know that God is happy with my decision to serve a Mission and I know that I'm happy to be serving a Mission.  I know this is the true gospel and that this life is a time for men to prepare to meet god.  I love the Book of Mormon and all that it teaches.



Love,

Elder Nielsen

No comments:

Post a Comment