Sunday, March 2, 2014

Monday, February 24, 2014

Dear Family,

Another busy week in Cannock, England. This week has been a good one. We have been working hard to find new people still.  But the family of 14 is doing great.  We have taught them four times and hopefully they will be at Church on Sunday.  We were worried that they were going to drop us so we prayed as to what we needed to do.  And we had the thought to take a member of the Cannock Ward with us.  So we invited the Ward Mission Leader, Bro. Wilcox, and had an amazing lesson.  I have found that members make or break teaching appointments.  They can invite the Spirit in a way that Missionaries just can't.  It was just great! We invited them to be baptized and all the ones who are over 8 said yes.  So fingers crossed and lots of praying for them!  They haven't made it to Church, BUT they said that this coming Sunday they will most likely make it because the husband (Graham) doesn't work.  I don't know how many are boys and girls but the ages range from 17 weeks old to 14 years that live at home then they have an 18 year old and I don't know about the rest.  Elder Bass and I haven't even met the whole family yet.  The little kids are in bed when we come.

I have been asked to introduce the new Stake Mission plan to the Ward.  They are reemphasizing a plan which has worked so well in the past that it has split Stakes in 2 years over here.  So the goal is that they will split the Ward I am currently serving in 2 years and create another Ward.  But as I have been working on presenting it I have been thinking about the scripture that talks about having a Pearl of Great Price and selling everything to get it.  It is like the Gospel, we give everything to get it but nothing to share it. 

It is crazy what can happen out in the Mission Field.  The Cannock Ward is ready for new converts and the Lord can see that and is blessing the Ward with them.  It is simply amazing!

I would like to thank all the people who sent me Christmas cards and packages.  I have been trying to write a thank you note to you but no time.  I got a Nike shoe box full of stuff too.  Thanks to who sent that as well.

May the Lord bless you all!

Elder Nielsen



No comments:

Post a Comment