Monday, March 3, 2014

March 3, 2014

Dear Friends and Family,

It has been another great week in Cannock, England.  The parents of the large family that we have been teaching are Graham and Maxine and things have been going well.  I was talking to the Mission President last week and apparently the Area Seventy has been asking many questions about Cannock because of how many baptisms have been performed in this Area recently.  Talk about pressure!  It is good though, it just means we can't stop.  We need to "Put our Shoulder to the Wheel, and Push Along".

Transfers are coming up and my companion, Elder Bass, is going home.  He has finished his Mission. It has been great serving with him and I have learned tons from him.  So I will be getting a new companion later in the week.

The weather here in England has been crazy.  It has been really cold and raining most of January and February.  I am ready for some sun and warmer weather without rain, as I am sure that all of you in the States would like.  The sun on my face always makes me happy and puts a little spring in my step and a little song in my head to hum!


This past weekend I lost a dear friend of mine.  He was a great man who helped me through the rough times of High School by taking me fishing or out shooting and just talking.  He was a practical joker and I have learned a lot from him.  I will miss him dearly but I know that he has been called to do a much greater work than he did here on Earth, I will miss my friend but I have comfort that I will see him again.  I know this to be true and am comforted by the knowledge that I have of the resurrection and the plan of salvation.


This Mission has been the hardest but the most rewarding thing that I have ever done.  Everyday, I know that as I do my best the Lord will bless me and it is all worth it!


Have a great week!


Love Elder Nielsen

No comments:

Post a Comment