Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Happenings in Cannock, England

Hey All,

I missed last week due to lots of traveling, general business and not much time.  So here is an update of my adventures from the past week.

Monday we had a Zone p-day at the Mission Home in Birmingham and we got back very late so there was not time to email on Monday.  I am sure that my mom was wondering what was going on because I did not even get a short email to her saying I would email on Tuesday.  But we had a fun day.  I think that the most exciting thing that happened on Monday was that I got separated from my Elder Bass my companion at the Train Station. We travel threw Birmingham New Street which is a massive station with like 30 platforms (reminds me of a scene out of Harry Potter) and it was rush hour.  My companion jumped on the train and I didn't make it because it was to full.  But luckily I was with some other Elders trying to get on the same train, they did not make the train either.  So it worked out in the end.  I was not completely alone, which was good.

The last few weeks have been a busy.  We have been working hard to find people to teach and we saw many miracles during our passing this week.  We started to teach the massive family with all the children that I spoke about a few weeks ago.  And the great news is that after the first lesson we were able to set up a time to come back in the same week!  The best thing is that during the second lesson they told us that we could come back anytime we wanted.  So fingers crossed and lots of praying that all goes well and they will bring their family to church this coming week.  It has been really cool because the first lesson we taught them it was just the mother, father and one child.  Then as went back for the second lesson, another child came in and sat down to listen.  Hopefully by the end of the week we will be able to have all the children and the parents listening about the Gospel and the plan of happiness that we have to share with them.


Valentines day was actually pretty fun.  Elder Bass and I went to the other Elders flat and had "happy singles awareness day and we signed up for this great Mission" party.  It was pretty fun.  We all chipped in some money and made dinner.  We had a great time with lots of stories and laughter.

Elder Bass and I have seen some pretty cool things this week with the teaching of a new family and such.  The coolest happened on Sunday.  We where in Sunday School and the Bishop pulls us out.  He said there are two investigators in the hall.  So we thought it was someone that we had invited to come.  As we rounded the corner, to our surprise, it was not one of the investigators that we had invited by an older couple visiting with a couple of members.  So they had just walked in the meeting house and said "our son is a member in Leeds and we are thinking of joining your Church".   It can't get any better than that, so we visited with them for a bit and then sat with them during Sacrament Meeting.  I have never felt the Spirit so strong in a meeting as it was at that time.  The speakers completely changed their talks because they felt impressed that their talks needed to be different. After Sacrament Meeting the couple told us they were just thinking about joining before but after a spiritual confirmation, now they are sure they want to join the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints.  I have a strong testimony that if the Ward is prepared to receive new people the Lord will bring them in. Whether these people come with the Missionaries or they just walk into the building.

As long as we are obedient and prepared, the Lord will provide miracles for us all!  I know this to be true!  Have a great week.

Love to you all,  Elder Nielsen

No comments:

Post a Comment