Monday, August 11, 2014

When through fiery trials

Dear Family and Friends,

The adventure at Five Guys was good, way overpriced but I had to try it.  We paid $9.50 for a burger and small fry which is outrageous.  I was a little ticked but the burger was good. 

Elder Paton is from Australia and he is twenty and has been out for just over a year.  On Monday, August 11th Elder Paton and I went and worked out for P-day at a local gym in the morning for three hours.  Elder Paton is a personal trainer, so he just whipped my butt into shape today.  I am already sore and ya.  We are going to try and go every Monday but we will see what happens.

We got hit with the left overs of Bertha a huge rain storm and it was alright.  Just rained and rained most of the day on Sunday.  But we didn't flood or anything, it was just very wet and hard to get anything done.

This week has been a good one as usual.  We have been picking up the pieces of what is left of this transfer.  It has been one of the most heck-tit transfers I have had on the Mission.  It has been worth it
though.  Mostly this week we have been trying to get to know the members.  I have only been here for five weeks and Elder Paton has only been here for a week and a half.  We have just been going by members houses and introducing ourselves to try  and get to know everyone.  We have met a lot of cool members and are starting to get members excited to come out with us.  It is crazy how much of Missionary work is a cycle.  You start to get things going and then a wrench gets thrown in.  Then you start the process over again.  But it is what makes Missionary work fun.  On Sunday I was looking at the hymn How Firm a Foundation and this verse stuck out to me.

When through fiery trials
thy pathway shall lie,
My grace, all sufficient, shall be thy supply.
The flame shall not hurt thee; I only design
Thy dross to consume, thy dross to consume,
Thy dross to consume and thy gold to refine.

I have been I little miffed about all the trials I have been going through and this answered my question why.  But it is all for my good.  As much as at the time it doesn't feel like it is for my own good, it all is. I have learned that the hard way.  Some things that you go through develop things you need to have and learn.  But the light is always there at the end of the tunnel. You just need to look for it.

Sorry this entry is so short.  But we thought the Library closed at six today but it is at five.  So only an hour today to email.

Have a great week and may your trials be light.

Love Elder Nielsen

No comments:

Post a Comment