Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Transfers, Farewell Worcester

Hey All,

Well the big news has come and I am getting transferred!  I am going to Cannock!  Cannock is the largest of three towns in the District of Cannock Chase in the central southern part of the county of Staffordshire in the West Midlands region of England.  It is above Birmingham, not to far from the Mission Home.  So it will be fun to head up north again.  I have enjoyed my time in Worcester and the people that I have met.  But it is time for change and time to move on.  I will be serving with Elder Bass, from Utah.

The other big news is that I finally got a new bike on Saturday.  The lady that hit me tried to get me to go to a store like Halford's with is like Walmart in the States.  I said, no because it was so far away. She said it will not be that far, I can drive you.  I was thinking um no!  I am not getting in a car with you!  So we came to the agreement of going to a place right next to my flat.  I am now the proud owner of another Specialized bike.  And made a pretty good dent in the women's pocket book.  But during the past few weeks that I have been without a bike, I borrowed a bike from a member that was not good at all.  I felt like I was riding my little brother's bike, so I rode it only when I had to.  It is nice to not have to worry about having to come back to Worcester and get this mess settled because I have been transferred.  The funny thing that happened is after she bought the bike she had me signed some papers saying I would not tell her insurance about the whole incident.  So with the instruction from my Mission President, I signed the papers.  After I signed she looked at me and said, "Elder Nielsen, anything else"?  I said, "no, hope you have a good life and don't hit anyone else".

Later in the week my companion and I were street contacting people at our usual spot that we have been on since I have been in Worcester and a guy came up to my companion and said, "this is private property and you need to get off".  So my companion starts to leave and the guy then comes up to me and tells me the same thing.  He interrupted my conversation with a lady who was semi interested in who we are and what we stand for.  So I turned to him and said thanks when I am finished visiting, I will be glad to leave and kept talking.  I hope that we at least planted a seed to this stranger and that the next set of Missionaries will seek and find this gal. 

Saturday we where at a dinner appointment and the next thing I know the sister comes up to me and says,  "Elder Nielsen, can I talk to you for a minuet".  I was like okay.  "Can you play the piano on Sunday".  I said sure.  The problem was that the music chair picked some hymns that no one really knows and this sister had never heard these before and was feeling a bit uncomfortable.  I only knew 2 out of the 4 hymns.  So the whole night this sister kept asking me if I would practice the hymns at their house while we were there so she could get to know them.  Sunday came and it turned out pretty well.  The Spirit really blesses us when we prepare no matter what it is.  I have found that if I prepare that the Lord will bless me with just a little bit more than I thought I could do.

The other days of the week were filled with signing lessons, contacting and meetings.  It has been a great week and a great few months in Worcester with many ups and downs of Missionary work.  I have learned a lot about relying on the Spirit, prayer and trusting in the Lord.  May the Lord bless you all.  Thanks for all the emails, I really appreciate them.

Love, Elder Nielsen




No comments:

Post a Comment