Wednesday, January 15, 2014

"The tower of all strength which stands four square to all winds that blow"

 Hey all,

It has been another week of contacting and finding those that we can plant the seed of happiness.  Elder Doty and I have one new investigator and he is from the Philippines.  He is pretty cool and way funny.  He has been telling us about how he failed his drivers test because in the Philippines they don't use their brakes they use their horn instead.  Swerving in and out of traffic and pedestrians.  This made me a little nervous since my recent events with a car.  I told him that I secretly hoped that he does not get his license soon. Ha Ha 

Signing lessons have started back up since our holiday break.  I had the opportunity to translate all meetings on Sunday since I was not needed to play the piano.  So it was time to get back into the swing of the new year.  I can honestly say that it has been about a month since I have really signed seriously.  My mom had asked if I would use this skill in other Areas of my Mission here in England and I am not sure.  I guess the Lord will direct me in that direction when the time comes for transfers again.  A cool thing happened though, my companion, Elder Doty stopped a lady as I was talking to someone else on the street while I was talking to someone else.  I could see him pointing to me and motioning for me to come over and visit with them.  So I went as quickly as I could and the lady he stopped was deaf.  Elder Doty just looked at me like get those hands moving and talk to her.  So I started to sign.  We had a good conversation but nothing really came of it, but it was cool to use my new skill of sign language in more than just at Church and what not. 

The rest of this week we have just been finding people to teach and running to meetings.  The Bishop of our Ward asked us to hold a Young Single Adult activity and invite people to attend.  So we did.  We played ping pong, basketball, and every ones favorite Uno.  It was fun we had about 15 people there and it seemed that they all had a great time.  Then Saturday we did more service for the family that I know from Kidderminster, my first Area, who are moving to Worcester.  It was fun we just moved some big furniture around and such. 

I heard a quote from Tennyson, "The tower of all strength which stands four square to all winds that blow".  I have been thinking about this lately as I have been reading and studying.  The four areas that are suggested are mental, physical, social, and spiritual.  I have been working and doing well at three out of the four but it is getting that balance right.  Some weeks it is the physical part others it is the spiritual part.  But I have found that when I focus on building each area it really helps. I have found that if one goes or is out of balance they all are out of balance.

So on that note, I will leave you all with a testimony of the knowledge of our Savior, Jesus Christ.  He is the tower of all strength.  I know this to be true!

Have a great week!

Elder Nielsen

No comments:

Post a Comment