Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Hard work and Dedication

Hello everyone!

Once again, I hear that it has been hot in the States.  But don't worry!  It has been really hot here in Kidderminster, England as well.  We have been having heat waves that are just terrible.  It has been getting into the 90's.  I like the heat when I don't have to be out in it.  But being out in it sometimes gets challenging.  I wouldn't mind it if I could wear shorts and a t-shirt but being in the service or my Savior, the shorts and T-shirt are out for a while.  I know that the Lord blesses us more when the times get hard and it is hard to walk and teach in this heat and humidity for more than and hour.  But that's that.

This week has been a good week.  We watched the Missionary broadcast for a Zone Conference.  What inspired messages we heard.  It has given the Missionaries new dedication and a new hope to press forward with the work.  Elder Davis and I are trying to set up a time that we can show the broadcast to the whole Branch to get them inspired to do more to spread the good news of the Gospel.  So far that meeting has been one of the best meetings I have been to so far.  I really liked how they outlined what the members should be doing and what the missionaries should be doing.  I know that it will take a long time to get the areas to the "perfect" situation.  But it gave us hope to try and get Kidderminster there eventually.

Also this week we have been working with some less active members and helping the Branch out as best as we can.  The Branch has planned an open house to celebrate 170 years of the Church in Kidderminster and 25 years in their new building. This is going to be a great Missionary opportunity for the Branch and we have been trying to light the fire of excitement under the Branch.  They are starting to get really excited about this and hopefully all will go well with it.  The celebration isn't until the 28 of September but I know that if it isn't planned soon and advertised it might be a flop.  But I have faith in the Branch that it will work out for the best.

I think that is about the only thing that has changed over the week. We worked hard to try and further the Gospel in this part of the Lord's vineyard.  I have been reading in the Book of Mosiah recently and I read something that has really stuck out to me.  It was that the Lord will not give us a trial that he knows that we can not over come.  I have felt at times that I am in trials that I can't overcome but with faith in the Lord anything is possible.  I have learned to trust in the Lord more because I see a line in my patriarchal blessing coming true about discouragement.  It says that discouragement will be one of the things that Satan throws at me.  I have seen it but I have also seen that it has been through a negative attitude, also.  I have been working on overcoming both of those.  So I started to hum hymns or to sing them to keep me going.  Elder Davis keeps wondering how I can remember so many of them.  I guess that is what playing the piano has done for me.  I love this Gospel and the message that it is.  I can't wait to see what will happen this week with hard work and dedication.



Love, Elder Nielsen

No comments:

Post a Comment