Monday, September 15, 2014

Hebrews 12:1-2

Hey Family and Friends,

I will start off my blog this week with a Q&A session.  My mom has been sending me questions the last few weeks of things that she wants to know so I guess some of you all will be interested also.

Where do the people of England go on Holiday?  Most of the members just go to the south of England or to main land Europe.

Is it difficult for you to fall asleep at night?  Some days it just depends on what happened during the day.  Lately, my mind has just been running really fast  and I don't have anything to shut it off.  Back home I would just watch a movie.  But cant do that while here in England so I listen to music or read scriptures.

What time does your p-day start, end and where do you email and do your laundry?  We leave at ten on p-days just to get things done. We only have from ten to six to get the things outside of our apartment.  We have a washer in the flat but no drier, so we have a cloth lines in the flat.  We just email at the library and shop at the local stores.  That is about it because it cost money to go places and there are not many free things.

I think the hardest thing I have done is working with the Ward I am in now.  It is a bit discouraging to not feel welcomed or needed.

This week not much happened.  Elder P. has been sick so we were in all week and probably a little bit of this next week too.  But it gives me more time to study.  I have just finished the New Testament
for the second time as a missionary.  I have enjoyed reading the New Testament.  The one reason though that I read it again is most people ask us question about it and the Book of Mormon.  So it was nice to read it again.  But as I was reading it this time I thought I would write down all the verses that talked about how Christ Church was organized.  It was really cool to go back and look at all the verses I wrote down and saw that The Church of Jesus Christ of Later Day Saints checked all the boxes.  So that was the cool testimony builder for the week.  It was also nice just to get to know Elder P. better.   With us being in the flat for the whole week we had many hours just to sit and talk.  It is one thing that you don't really get to do.  You get to know your comps to a certain level but anything past that you just don't have time for.  But we had plenty of time.  Sorry not much happened this week.  But everyone gets sick once in a while.

One of my favorite scriptures this week is Hebrews 12:1-2, 

 1 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,

 2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Let us lay aside what is burdening our soul this week and have faith in Jesus Christ.  He will comfort us.

Love this Gospel!

Love Elder Nielsen

No comments:

Post a Comment