Monday, July 7, 2014

Transfered to Solihull England

Dear Family,

This week the exciting news is that I got transferred!  I have spent 6 months in Cannock so I was really ready for the change other than it was really hard to leave Cannock.  I have many friends there. One of the hardest things I have every done happened this week.  I had to say goodbye to Ingrid and her family.  They are the family that I had the opportunity to teach and baptize.  It took pretty long and they were not happy that I was going but that's life.

The last night I was in Cannock, we taught Maxine.  I don't think I told you but Maxine and Graham split up about three weeks ago.  So I went over to visit with her and tell her goodbye.  Then after I went to the Ward Mission Leaders house for some non alcoholic beers.  We sat in his back garden just having a right old time.  This will be another great memory of my time spent in Cannock.

I am now in a town called Solihull.  It is an area on the outskirts of BirminghamIt 
is a town in the West Midlands of England with a population of 94,753.  It is a part of the West Midlands conurbation and is located 9 miles (14.5 km) southeast of Birmingham city center. It is the largest town in, and administrative center of, the larger Metropolitan Borough of Solihull, which itself has a population of 200,400.  Historically part of Warwick shire, Solihull is one of the most prosperous towns in the English Midlands.   In November 2013, the Switch Quality of Life Index named Solihull the "best place to live" in the United Kingdom.  Residents of Solihull and those born in the town are referred to as Silhillians The motto of Solihull is Urbs in Rure (Town in Country).  This is a very very nice area.  People drive Bentley and other nice cars every day and since I am a car fanatic, it should be fun.

It was pretty hard to leave Cannock but it was time to leave. On Wednesday I went to the Mission Home in Birmingham and met my new companion. His name is Elder Fonsaca.  He is from Cape Verde.  So he hardly speaks any English.  So I act as translator most of the time for the Ward. He is a good kid though. He has been out on his Mission for seven months. So still full of energy and motivation. Which is good. We had an interesting week.  We were heading to the store on Wednesday night and a man stopped us and started to ask us questions. That is one of my favorite things that happens. I do not like stopping people and talking to them but I do it. I really love it when people in the street stop us!  So I was excited when he started to ask some really good questions and acted pretty interested. Hopefully he will progress on past just the curious stage of it.

I have been reading the teaching of Joseph Fielding Smith lately.  I read about the millennium this week and what is going to happen. He talked about how our ancestors that have passed away will be able to give us information for the people who still have not had the work performed for them. But just because they can give it to us later doesn't mean we can just sit back and do nothing.  We have to work and listen.  President Rasmussen has been talking a lot about family history and that we as Missionaries need to be doing family history. It has been fun for me to write stories down about grandparents and parents and to learn more about them.  Just because I can't find anyone new doesn't mean I can't do family history.  He asked us to just write down stories and memories that we have.

I love this gospel and this new area that I have the opportunity to work in.  Have a great week.

Love,  Elder Nielsen


Elder Fonsaca



No comments:

Post a Comment