Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Lots of Service

Dear Family,

Not much really happened this week. We did our usually things. Teach a lesson or two and look for people to teach. We also did a lot of service.

On Sunday it was Remembrance Sunday, this is a day that here in England those that served in the Armed Forces are remembered, so we sold Poppies for that.  It was pretty fun and it got us out in the community doing something that everyone pulls together for and since we had our name tags on we also got some good questions and discussion.  We also had a bon fire night.  We went to the Chapel and the Ward had fireworks and food.  Now these fireworks were good but not as good as the fireworks that I have done in the past as a young teenage boy, but they where alright.

So the highlights were that we have missed trains, sold Poppies, and became professional painters. We are pretty much painting a members whole house for her.  She doesn't know that we know that we are, but we do.  One cool thing that happened this week is a family from Kidderminster that I got really close with while I was serving there is moving to Worcester.  It's the same family I helped move a few times while I was in Kiddy.  They are in need of help cleaning up their new yard.  So I will put on my lumberjack hat and professional landscaping shoes and go to work.

One thing that has been good is we had the chance to listen to President Uchtdorf's talk from this last General Conference.  Come Join with Us  I really like how he outlines what each person commits to do when they are baptized.  It is good to see that he just laid everything on the table and said here you go are you ready?  I loved it!

We have the opportunity to have Elder Dyke's of the Area Seventy coming to talk to us this week it should be fun.  He was also here a while ago for our Stake Conference.  We have been talking about hastening the work and I have been studying this topic from Jacob 5 and the parable of the vineyard.  Jacob 5  I studied the vision of the tree of life and Nephi's interpretation of it along with Jacob 5.  A lot of interesting stuff.

Hope all is going well!  Love you all and the support that you give me.

Love Elder Nielsen

No comments:

Post a Comment